I am very happy to announce that ‘Paigezine’ was nominated for its first Blogger Recognition Award. Thank you Fascinating World for nominating me. I love learning new and unusual things about nature through your writing. I myself an a lover of all things aquatic and found your post ‘What An Artist!’ fascinating.
As a person new to the world of blogging I so appreciate the support of the blogging community. People who don’t know me yet are interested in reading about my journey.
The beginning of my blog writing:
Unlike many bloggers I was never really a writer. I would occasionally pick up a journal but often I found the act of writing to be frustrating. As a lifelong student I felt like writing was often prescriptive and the letter grades attached to my essays made me stressed out! I started this blog because I wanted to challenge myself. As a recovering perfectionist I wanted to challenge myself to step outside of my comfort zone. To experiment with words and language in a new and scary way. My blog is a place where I spill my guts and pop that comfort bubble I found myself living in. With that being said thank you for allowing me to share a piece of my heart with all of you.
The rules for accepting this award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award.
- Comment on the nominated blogs and let them know you nominated them and give a link to the post you have created.
Two pieces of advice to new bloggers:
Though I do not consider myself an expert blogger by any means, I would like to share 2 pieces of advice that has made Paigezine my happy space during these first 6 months.
- Make your blog your space. When I first started blogging I wrote about my trip in the way I knew how to, like a university student. I found myself in the same place as usually, disliking the process of writing. As soon as I started discovering my own voice and playing around with the blog I began to crave this space.
- Don’t feel ashamed to be vulnerable. Take risks. Try something new and scary. Growth often occurs in a grey and uncomfortable space.
I would like to nominate the following: